Phantom kicking?

So am I pregnant or is it possible?

I have a 7 and a half month old daughter. I have a 5ish month old iud.

I've been feeling kicks and movements, little cramping, tightness in parts of my stomach.

My first pregnancy I didn't have much symptoms except dizziness and being tired and I had 3 false negatives.
So far I told my ob and she said that she never heard of people feeling kicks still so she gave me a test and it was negative, but obviously it doesn't mean much to me about getting negatives. But I just don't know what to believe.
We've wanted another baby right away, even though its not good timing. I don't know if I've just believed it enough that I'm feeling kicks or what.
I don't really know how long i've felt it either...
I didn't right after she was born or at least 3-4 months after she was born
What do you think
personal experiences?

verizon 503 423 7816

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 10:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have a 6 month old and I have been feeling those phantom kicks ever since she was born. I just do not think a body goes back to 100 percent normal after a baby. It could be gas and stuff, that is what I am writing mine off as. I agree with bisketliss. I think, like she said, when we were pregnant you felt every little twinge, cramp, movement, kick and everything so you have a better understanding of your body. Mine is not painful like regular gas pains but feels identical to movement and kicking.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• personal experience tells me it's likely just gas, but if you're really concerned, have the iud removed, because it can cause miscarriage. Ever since my son was born, I've felt those "phantom kicks", mostly I think because I'm more in tune with my body than I was before he came along. You notice everything now, because everything meant something while you were pregnant.

GL.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have felt something like that before. I am not TTC. I have a 7 yo and a 4 yo, and a 4 yo IUD. Maybe it could be muscle spasms? I'm not sure. But it definitely doesn't feel like gas or anything like that! Sorry that I'm not more help than this.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i don't think it can be gas because i don't feel sick and it never goes anywhere... or its just less hurtful kind.. like i said we've wanted one again so maybe i just want to believe i am.. which is why i feel crazy.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have a 7 month old and I felt my 1st kick like that last week. and it totally freaked me out. But I'm choosing to write it off as something else because I've have a period exactly every 28 days since I've given birth.

If you were getting negatives with your 1st baby, then I say continue to look into it. Ask for blood tests or whatever proved it that 1st time. Good luck to you either way.

Also I noticed that someone else said they felt them with an IUD, perhaps it has something to do with that. I don't have one though.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• yeah...i have a six month old and i feel em too...thought i was the only one lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2009