Do you consider yourself depressed?

I have read somewhere that being active on a social networking site like CM is actually a sign of depression. It's true that I don't have many friends, because true friends are rare, but that is not why I spend time on Cafemom. I learned so many useful things since I visit this website, I don't even want to imagine where would I be without all the advice received in my favorite groups.
I think someone is looking for another reason to drug us up, just like with the MOTHERS ACT.
So the next time you go to the shrink (because of you husband LOL), be prepared to answer the question: "Are you an active member of Cafemom, Facebook or Meetup?" Jeez.

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 11:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Health

• i feel cafemom helps me with my depression!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i'm not depressed, just bored.. i have one friend that is a mom but she and i are not on the same page when it comes to parenting so i like to know other mom's opinions on stuff b/c i have no one else to talk to about things besides my own mom
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I am not depressed I just dont have a lot of friends or social life cafemom really gives me other women to connect too. I have learned since I've become a member.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes, I am on Cafemom because of mild depression.

In my early 40's
    Was asked to have a baby, but the partner changed his mind, then broke up with me.
    My daughter is going to college soon, and I feel that I have missed her because of work.
    Went back to my former. I want a baby, but he does not (being early 40s is sort of stressy).
    I am sucked even deeper into work. My life is speeding by like lightning.

Yeah, I believe that the article is accurate.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2009