Do you consider yourself depressed?

I have read somewhere that being active on a social networking site like CM is actually a sign of depression. It's true that I don't have many friends, because true friends are rare, but that is not why I spend time on Cafemom. I learned so many useful things since I visit this website, I don't even want to imagine where would I be without all the advice received in my favorite groups.
I think someone is looking for another reason to drug us up, just like with the MOTHERS ACT.
So the next time you go to the shrink (because of you husband LOL), be prepared to answer the question: "Are you an active member of Cafemom, Facebook or Meetup?" Jeez.

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 11:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am depressed sometimes. I find that since I got married and had another kid, that I've had a hard time socializing with others. i honestly think it's because people got meaner. Maybe I just got nicer, but it's really hard for me to make new friends.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I do suffer from depression from time to time. I actually find myself staying away from my here and facebook when the depression is stronger. One of my groups here has been a huge support for me (and my family) as my father in law took ill in Dec. and slowly deteriorated and died.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Absolutely. Since I was 10 years old.

I'm here all the time though because I am autistic, and have immense trouble communicating and interacting with people in person. Very few (like none) consider me and my issues worth the trouble. Online, I have found incredible friends who are not only more accepting, but with whom I have a lot in common with. Things I am usually ridiculed for in real life...and these normally-wired people are admitting to liking and disliking the same stuff I do, and being understanding of the ones they don't share or have to deal with. The internet, and the people I have met here, are my lifeline. And I'm okay with that.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 12:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2009