Pregnant or Not pregnant

I have two children and after my daughter was born 2 1/2 years ago my husband had a vasectomy.

This month I have been overly emotional, extremely sore breasts, constipated, light cramps(kinda a muscle cramp feeling), nauseous, acid reflux and I am a week past due on my period tomorrow. today I started spotting a very light pink color. usually i start my period exactly every 28 days and it is very heavy with clots and lasts about a week.

I took a test on Tuesday when i was 1-2 days late. it was negative. i remember spotting like this with my second child.

Do you think i could be pregnant??

mommyshea21

Asked by mommyshea21 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Vasectomies are only about 80% effective if he didn't go for follow up testing. He has to shoot blanks for sure before it can be counted on. And even then they do have a failure rate of about .02%. Not a huge chance, but a chance nonetheless.

I'd take another test. I doubt you're pregnant, but you never know! Miracles happen!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I know a few people who got pregnant after a vas. One was dead set on making sure her hubby realized he was the one who got her that way that she sent him right on in for more tests and sure enough he had a small amt of sperm, and enough for them to have a baby. They thought they were done at 2 kids also and ended up with another :) So, yes, its very possible and I'd get another test in a few days or go in for a blood test, especially if you have always been real regular. :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• um vasectomies are a lot more than 80% effective. lol. or no one would get them. it's over 99%. but still a possibility. take another test in a few days, then if it's still negative and still no period, call the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2009