Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends abusing their toddler ? Long story....

Two of my friends had a baby - she is 3 now. They have not been together since their child was little. The father now has a gf who is pregnant with his child again. He had primary care over the daughter. Then the mother got weekends. She never made the weekends and never cared to see her daughter. I never understood how she could do this and stopped talking to her because drinking and hanging out with her friends was more important. So the days that she would happen to get her daughter for visitation, the daughter would come home with terrible stories and she would be miserable and out of control. So we all thought she needed to be kept away from her mother because she was obviously not doing a good job. I hang out with the father and his gf alot. I have noticed alot that she doesnt seem interested in anything the little girl does. She gets totally blown off. She gets no praise for anything. The other day I saw the gf grab

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • (cont) the the little girl and yank her into the other room for something so simple.... she should not have even been touched for it. The gf told me today that the mother is taking them to court for abuse. Neither home is suitable for this little girl. Both women are bad to her, they treat her like shit, physically, mentally, and emotionally. She is the sweetest little girl. She is so beautiful and smart. She just wants some love and attention and she doesnt get it. The father tries to stay out of fighting with either woman and in turn he stays away from his daughter alot too. This poor little girl needs something better - is there anything I can do ? I don't want her to end up another statistic of abuse. ..

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • Write a letter to the court. The little girl will be assigned a guardian to see to her interest in the court proceeding. The letter can be addressed to the judge handling the case. Who the judge is public information. It might cause them to take a better look at where to place the little girl.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • Maybe you should try and bring all this the girls mother attention, maybe she is so cought up with her drama that she don't see how much she is hurting her own child.
    This just makes me sad, knowing how people treat there kids, it makes me want to cry.

    Answer by looovemybabies at 12:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

  • where are all the grandparents? family?talk to the dad, seems like u guys have known each other a while.. his love for his dd should be more than any woman!! try seeing if u can find any of the other family members involved.. The girl is too little to have a voice for herself & you can be that voice! Can you do anything to improve her life? baby sit her? let her spend the night & be her guide? be her safe haven until something better can happen for her?
    Personally I do not believe leaving stuff up to the court if at all possible. Every day kids get lost in the system. (it was just earlier today i read on CM about an autistic girl whom now has been abused, sexual abused & lost in the system). The court should be last resort... because what i fear is kids getting moved from their home into a foster care home where they are sexually abused & more.

    Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.