I started this job 2 months ago.....

...and i don't think anyone there likes me. I'm not sure why, i always say hi, I always keep busy, I mess up sometimes, but I'm not used to this line of work. This guy today almost had me in tears. Someone I worked with. I made a mistake, he called me on it, but not in a nice way. He made it sound like I did it on purpose. I calmed down, and brought it up to him. i told him that no one really trained me, and no one ever corrected me so I didnt know I was doing anything wrong. He pretty much called me stupid, and said "it's part of your job to know."
How would you feel about that?

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• if your uncofortable your not going to be able to perform 110% maybe think of a career change.. is it a timid work enviroment.. i have a similiar situation.. my manager is a bia.. but i think she is intimidated by me because i stand my ground when she talks bad about me.. i may be under her but im human and have my rights also just a bit of info
    Steph12162001

Answer by Steph12162001 at 4:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• wow that guy sounds like a jerk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It sounds like to me that you are intimidating him in some way. Now, dont take that the wring way. But when people feel threatened, especially at work, they find profound excuses to tear down the mental image of the person they are intimidated by, otherwise they just wouldnt care. As far as your mess-ups, its just as much as his responsibility to inform you of the right way to do things, if he catches the error, as it is the supervisor. So shame on him for the unprofessional attitude. Next time, apologize, take the paper(error) go to your supervisor and explain that so-N-so (the guy or who ever) pointed out the error but didnt explain the proper procedure. Then ask to have it explained to you for further reference. Then casually drop into the conversation that he called you stupid with out any guidance. Dont come across as a tattle-tale. Thats worse. ok. Dont let him continue to be an a$$ to you, thats wrong of your co-worker
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 5:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• JERK! LOSER!
    Lulu_101

Answer by Lulu_101 at 5:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2009