What to do? Please give me an advice?

My baby is 2 months old. A week ago she got her first vaccines. Then a couple of days she was fussy, but not too bad. She never really cried before unless she was hungry, now she cries every time she doesn`t like something. She is not herself after the vaccines. It really was not that bad though. But a few days ago I noticed her ear is bothering her a little bit, it hurts her when I touch it. And there is skin a little bit red and is peeling off behind her ear. It is not an ear infection, as it is not swolen and no liquid coming out of it. I don`t know if it has to do with the vaccines she got or just something else, she is crying on and off this evening, I dont know why. I am not even sure it is the ear that`s bothering her. Did you have any similar situations. What is your opinion. Thank you!

IrinaFulker

Asked by IrinaFulker at 12:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my dd gets ear infections, there is no odor, no fluids and no swelling. however since its behind the ear, is it a yeast infection? mine got them behind the ear and in her neck from formula getting there and hiding under creases, is it a shiny red. i would take her back in and have her ear checked, it probably has nothing to do w/the vaccinations she got and its more some sort of infection. or a sun burn possibly
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Could it be eczema? Eczema is a common occurrence in vaccinated children (please note I did not say EVERY vaccinated child will get it...it's just common).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• With her ear I think it might just be from moisture either from milk getting back there or some drool. I would call her pediatrician and ask what kind of over the counter antifunal would be right to try for her age.... miconazole (sp) is what I would use.
    If it doesn't get better have it looked at... there is such thing as OUTER ear infections too.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• its a yeast infection, if it look like he ear is pulling away or like seperating, its a yeast infection, its just like atheletes feet, definitly get it checked our though
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2010