her shots or something else (no bashing)

so my DD got her 6 month shots yesterday
she was good all day yesterday and some of today
she had a really bad cough and she has been fussy
i droppd her off at the babysitters with
everything she needed
the babysitter called me saying she was screaming her head off and she could not get her to stop
she gave her the meds the doc gave her
for the shots and she still freaked out
well we have been home for a while
and she will be sleeping then wake up screaming her head off
or having a bad coughing fit
idk if its the shots or something else
advice please???
and NO BASHING

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she is still like that in the am or if she develops additional symptoms- take her to Urgent Care just to be safe!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Maybe both. She might be sore and fussy from the shots and then have a cold on top of it make her even more cranky.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Some Doctors say that shots don't cause those symptoms and that it can be a coincidence. What type of meds did they give her, just Tylenol or something else? Did they check her ears? She might have the start of an ear infection or a just a cold with the pain of the vaxs.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If she had a cold they should not have given her the shot. Call and talk to the doctor on call and see what he/she says.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Tylenol could not spell it sorry
    i also forgotshe has been spitting up way more then normal
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I dont remember which set of shots it was... but dd got her shots, came home & for 2 days was horrible & at night would wake up in screaming-terror- fits.. she just wasnt "normal" at all .. i was scared shitless! she had never done that with other shots- she is usually a bit cranky from the soreness. but thats it..

Hope everything gets better soon! sorry cant be much help!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't vaccinate, but I'll give you my scoop anyway.
    Vaccine reactions usually happen within the first 24 hours, so I don't -think- it's that..

This is most likely one of two things.. either her shots made her kindof ill feeling AND she's getting another infection like an ear infection or cold..

Or she's contracting a mild version of something she was vaccinated for. This isn't that unusual. I got the flu once from a flu shot.

I would take her to the doctor to see if she possibly has an ear infection or other infection, and space out her next round of vaccines just to be careful.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 10:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2009