Is the spelling "Kaidyn" feminine?

I'm having a boy and was thinking of spelling his name K-A-I-D-Y-N, but someone mentioned it looks feminine that way. Does it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, it looks feminine. Very pretty for a girl. The i and the y make it look feminne.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It reminds me of Kaitlyn at first glance so yes I think it looks feminine. But it's your baby.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No, when I hear the name I think boy...doesn't matter how you spell it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• yes, i know someone who has a little girl named Caiyden and i know a little boy named Kaydan its one of those names like Avery! Very girlie that spelling
    mama23almost4

Answer by mama23almost4 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I am the one that said that (well actually I said Kaedyn) so yeah, I think it is feminine! Not the name, it can go either way, but the spelling. Its the "yn" it reminds me of like "lynn, katelyn, Kathryn, brynne" I cant really think of boy names that have "yn" in them
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yeah, I think it's the "y" that makes it seem feminine to me. Kaiden is more masculine to me. Kaidan, Kaidon, yeah, all those seem masculine, it's the "y". If I were to just see the name written somewhere Kaidyn I'd think girl.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• yes it looks girly..it also looks like it could be pronounced KY-DIN..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Even though I would know it was pronounced "Kay-Din", Alexis is right... because Kai is pronounced like KIE (like die) so Kaidyn would look like that. Thats why I was doing jaydin's "Jaedyn" for a girl because "ae" makes the long A sound
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I think Y in a name makes it feel for feminine for some reason..
    My neice named her son Cadence -- Caden for short..
    Her dd name is Bryn...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• absolutly, very fem. plus, very "trendy" sounding name. there are alot of name just like that right now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2009