I caught My 10yo. DD. comparing Her privates with a 9yo. Boy.

Her and our next door neighbor boy were swimming in our pool today, and I caught them showing each other their privates, I sent him home and told his mom, and had a good talking to to my DD. I wondered if many others have had this happen?

heathersmomm500

Asked by heathersmomm500 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• It's never happened to me before but I would just die.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• OMG! Yes it did, My 8yo.dd. was in the bathtub, and caught Her 9yo. male cousin watching her and showed her his privates. I freaked out, and talked to both of them, but I think its kind of normal at that age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I think it is pretty normal, but they should be told to stop. Just don't make too big a deal out of it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It is normal but it should be stopped. Just tell them that it's not appropriate and it shouldn't happen again. Explain that their privates are private and should be shown to anyone else except a dr or parents if necessary.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It's very normal, and no matter how much you try to stop it they will somehow do it behind your back anyway. It's just curiosity and nothing more. The best thing to do would be to explain to her that she shouldn't show her privates to anyone besides mommy/daddy or a doctor. GL!
    monica_0017

Answer by monica_0017 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• NORMAL, at that age they want to know how its different, what it looks like, feels like whatever. curiosity is at its peak. you want to keep this from happening again, explain that its not appropriate, but curiosity is okay (dont make her feel like crap about her self for being honestly curious) and show her some anatomically correct diagrams or pics( no not saying show her porn) but really, you could find some generally mild pictures with labels if she really wants to know how it works. Kids at that age are talking about sex rather you want to admit it or not, its TIME!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i remeber my sister and i comparing each other and our mom walking in, she was awsome. she asked to stop talked to us about our body parts etc. and how wonderful god made us but not to share with others such as showing or touching. i have 3 boys now and they know very well about their body and how babies are made and how they are born. it is very natural for children to exlpore themselves. but i believe children should be taught about at an early age. with that right names as well not peepee or nuts the real names penis and vagina. education is important .{but to end this on a funny notde my oldest was 4 when he discoverd his in the shower and asked if it was broken because it wouldnt go down]
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• too add to my answer it helps open the door to sexuality and protection . and if they dont already know preditors.
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009