He fell on a nail..

My son fell on a nail yesterday and even though he is up to date with his shots, I still worry. I did take him to the doctor, showed her the shot record and she said he should be okay when it comes to tetanus. All she did was flush it out with saline and give him an antibiotic. He's acting like his old self. Call me a worry wart but has this happened to your kids?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It happened to me LOL
    I stepped on a nail one of those big 6 inch ones.
    I was just fine a few hours later had a couple stiches even .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Aren't you supposed to get a tetanus shot?
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• NOt if you are upto date I think it is ever 4 years so if you had one with in 4 years you are ok .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I was never vaccinated as a child and I had a rusty carpet tack get lodged into my knee. It was a horrible experience for me. My uncle, a doctor, came to our house to remove it from my knee and clean the wound. He allowed it to bleed well, and all was fine. I was watched carefully for a month to see if any infection would come about. Nothing did. I'm fine. It doesn't ALWAYS happen, even with the worse situations.

As long as he's up to date on his tetanus, why are you worried? Getting a tetanus shot when you're up to date is actually more dangerous than getting tetanus and being treated for it with no shots.

Just watch him. Make sure it doesn't get infected and if he comes up with a fever take him back in and have him checked out again.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 1:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Parents worry but you have done everything right....and you will be watching if there is any sign of infection so just stop worrying!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2009