schedule for 1 year old??

What is your schedule and how did you get it that way?? My daughter is fairly consistent with naps and feedings but lately she's awake 3-4 times a night to eat and doesn't want to eat or nap during the day....am I doing something wrong here?? How do I hear of people who have set times for naps and feedings?? how did you do it?

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 12:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could she maybe be waking because she is teething? My son just got 4 teeth (2 were molars) in in a couple of weeks. He also went on a food strike and didn't sleep as well. We gave Motrin once day before bed to help him sleep better and it helped alot.

As far as our schedule:
    He wakes at 8:00-9:00 and has breakfast
    Plays
    Lunch at around 11:30ish and then he takes a nap most days 12:00-2:00 some days he naps later if we have things going on
    Play, play, play (or should I say get into trouble and make a mess)
    Dinner: around 7:00 ish
    Then bath, stories, songs and bed

We don't set his nap time but he tends to take it around the same time everyday so we plan around it
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:58 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• does she take a pacifer? my ped said DO NOT feed the baby during the night!!! (he was very insistent!)) if she wants the bottle put a bit of water in it and let her drift back to sleep with that. it sounds like her schedule is messed up cause shes sleeping all night and eating her daily food at night....thats a mix for a cranky baby and stressed out mom! try your best not to feed her at night and soon she will nap and eat during the day again! good luck!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 1:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• my daughter had this problem and the water worked! at 1 she should not eat at night! imagin feeding a toddler a bowl of cereal at the table in the middle of the night! shes just too old for it
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 1:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I was gunna say what LadyDahl said but my son is 11 1/2 months and his schedule is....
    6 am- wake up and eat cereal and apple sauce and bottle
    8- nap till 930 ish
    play
    10 little something to drink and a snack
    play
    1 ish hell eat some vegis and formula
    and nap after till 230ish
    then play
    dinner (varries between past, baby food, chicken, potatos ....) and formula
    play till 7 bath and bed by 8

I think i got everything lol but thats basically it it varies tho
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• The baby will keep eating during the night as long as you feed the baby during he night! You have to stop feeding the baby during the night as long as you know the baby is able to take in an adequate amount of food during the day! I am laughing because my second child had issues after he was born and it took him a few months to get back up to his birth weight...I was breastfeeding him and had to wake him up every few hours around the clock to feed him. The thing was, I sort of forgot to stop feeding him at night and when he was about 10 months old I read something that made me realize that he didn't have to eat at night anymore! He was healthy and eating plenty during the day!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2009