am i a snob?

i feel bad but i just cant do it! my sisterinlaw lives in a dirty house, like never vaccumed and there are staines and actually dirt in the carpet and little peices of "stuff" in the carpet. i feel bed, but i wont let me crawling daughter down on the floor! it was ok when she didnt go anywhere and i could put a blanket down, but now she crawls. see, it would be a huge deal except she also has a crawler that IS on that floor.......its awkward. am i just a snob??

LadyDahl

Asked by LadyDahl at 1:00 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you don't like the way she keeps house then don't bring your child over there! Keep YOUR baby at home on YOUR perfectly clean carpet..
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• no im very picky about what floors i put my DD on
    like i wont put her on my dads cuz it hard wood and they never sweep it so idk what kind of dirt is on there
    i think it is fine and not a snob at all
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Doctors use to say that it helped kids get immune to many things when they crawled in dirt and whatever else the got into. I'm not sure if they still say that anymore so ask your dr the next time you go in. We all try to protect little ones as best we can. Nowadays we have to worry about what the carpet is made out of as much as what's on the carpet itself. You could always offer to vacuum. You could say you dropped something on it and feel bad and want to get it up before the babies put it in their mouth.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No, not at all. My friends house is always trashed and I mean trashed and then she wonders why I never bring my son around.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• im not like a clean freak, trust me, but we do have to go there sometimes. cant get out of that one...i mean im all for building the immune system but.......its just not that clean!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 1:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No, I don't blame you. I'm not a snob, but I sure wouldn't let my baby crawl around on her floor.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• hmmm...the vaccum idea could work....i dont know, i just dont want to be rude
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 1:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No your not . Im a clean freak and well noones house is ever up to my standards lol .
    Since it is family and you probably visit a bit , WHy not just ask if you could vaccum real quick just to make sure the baby doesnt eat anything.
    BUt no your arent a snob some people are just plain nasty
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It wont be rude.
    Back home I had a friend like your SIL and I would always offer to help clean up for her when we were over she loved the help lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't blame you at all. I'm fine with a little dirt (there's plenty around my house) but I know what you mean about really dirty houses. My SIL never cleans and her house is disgusting...I would never ever put my baby down at her place.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 1:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2009