What do you look for in a friend, now that you're a mom? Someone with kid(s) the same age as yours? No kids, so you can just go out and be a WOMAN sometimes?

Okay, so a bit of history on me... I've always felt like a third wheel, never really had *A* best friend...seemed *my* best friend always had a different *best* friend that wasn't ME. :*( So it seems I develop good friendships that last a couple years, and then something happens, and we aren't very close anymore. So I'm in the market for a girlfriend again and I'm not really sure what to look for. I just about invited a mom on here to be my friend, bc we live closeby each other, are close in age, and so are our boys, but then I chickened out, and thought maybe I want a friend without kids so I don't have to be a mom in that part of my life too.

happiestmama

Asked by happiestmama at 1:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I honestly dont know I have a couple girlfriends but none that I would call best friend LOL Im like you the third wheel. LOL
    Im just to different from the women I meet . I get along more with my step mother in law lol .
    She is 36 (FIL is 50ish ) LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have a couple of frineds but we really don't hangs out much, one person who I thought was my best friend, she wanted to do everything I did, same color hair, dress like me etc. she ended up getting to jelouse cuz I'm married and have kids, one day she was like you talk to your husband about everything ugggh, and she stopped talking to me. I'm done trying to find a good friend, I hang out with my sistern now and my mom and my family I know for a fact they will never backstab me, and I'm just as happy as can be.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• well I have a ton of girlfriends (I've always gotten along well with other girls). Although I noticed that I am closer to my friends that have kids than my single friends. My husband is a bit opposite though he is still better friends with most of his single friends. I think now I am looking for more couple friends with kids the same age or only a couple years different. I do have 2 best friends other than my sister. One is married with 2 kids and the other is a newlywed. I don't hang out with either because they live far away, but they are still my best friends. I think whether your new friends have kids or not, you can still play the "single" life every once in awhile with them. Go out together and leave the kids with the dads!
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 2:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I am in the market for new friends also. I just moved back to my hometown after being 1,200 miles away for 19 years. I have 5 childhood friends here, who while I was away kept in touch via email and with my every couple year visits. Now I am right here permantly it seems we have grown differrently to be close friends on a "daily" basis.
    Of all the friends I recently moved from, a fairly large group including church & casual, I had a close circle of about 5. Only one of them is actually keeping in touch and it is not the one who seemed to be my best friend.
    I think people are in our lives for the time that they are supposed to be, then gone when they are no longer needed. Does that sound too much like "Mary Poppins"? The right friends that you need now will probably enter your life when you least expect it. I hope I am right, for my own sake.
    AHappyMom

Answer by AHappyMom at 8:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2009