do you think my son will

his name is johnovan orien....do you think he will be made fun of...i mean its a really unique name and i know no one in his class will have his name but the more i think about it i wonder if hell get made fun of......

Mamaof2boys0709

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I don't think so. It's an interesting name but it's not SO out there that it's weird... it sounds very much like Johnathan so I don't think he will be picked on.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Possibly kids are mean these days.
    I was even teased in grade school because of my name LOL I use to beat up the boys because of it .
    My nick name was Tia and they would go
    TTTTTTTTIA
    like the Chia pet song

And my last name was karr and all I would her was oh look here comes Tia karr vroom vroom LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• yes. it sounds like a made up name. like too made up. like a misprint. kids might not make fun of him but trust me his english teachers will!! but not to his face
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• it sounds like a speech problem when you say it, like you mean to be saying johnothan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have never heard it but it's not bad. My Son Ashton started Kindergarten and you wouldn't believe some of the names in his class....poor kids. Willow, Rain, Sutton, Gary Todd, Jordy. What were they thinking?!?!?!
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• he will have to repeat his name that was mistaken fo johnothan like everyday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i get that his name sounds like johnothan....i liked the name johnothan bu i also like donovan so i put it together...i hated my name growing up becuase so many people had it....(Hannah) i always wanted something more unique.....and i wanted him to havea name that was his and made him wann be great and different....and not conform to the norm....(im a rebel oh yeah) but we plan on calling him john or van....i like van.....he looks like a johnovan.....and im glad of the name i gave him but at the same tim i know how mean kids are and it may just make him a firecracker like hs mom....cause i dont take no sh*t....never have never will.....but it may also be a downfall cause i got kicked outt school all the time....hopefully he and my 2 year old dont have that problem....but i just wanted him to have aname that he could call his and not share with a kid in his class...is that selfish of me
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• yes. he will sound like he has a speech impedament for the rest of his life when he introduces himself.....go with Van ....its cool and different!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Don't worry about it, I think it's a really cute name and it's unique. I doubt he'll get teased for it and even if he does who cares it will be short lived and stop by middle school. Raise your child to be proud of his unique name, if you doubt it to much then he'll sense it and there is nothing worse then even your mother not knowing what to make of your name. He'll be fine, just be glad your not naming your son some name that has been recycled 20 generations over. Think of it as being what distinguishes him from every one else, at least no one will ever mix him up with some one with the same name. :)
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• honestly I think all kids find a way to make fun of everyone's name so it doesn't matter what you name them...their going to be made fun of!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2009