co-sleeping weaning without crying it out for hours

first off 2 things if you cant say anything besides make him cry it out for however long it takes dont reply, second off if you cant be supportive or non-judgemental dont reply. not trying to offend anyone but im tired of that kind of thing. that said we are trying to move our 24 month old into his bed he has co-slept with us since he was 2 months old. he will go to sleep in our bed and i move him to his and half the time he wakes up he climbs in bed with us and the other half he goes back to sleep on his own. he wants to lay in his bed but he doesnt want to go to sleep in his bed. any supportive tips are appreciated thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't have a solution for you... I'm in the same boat, though, so I just wanted to give you an ear if you need it. This is a tough transition!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I would try sleeping on the floor in his room for a couple nights. www.drjaygordon.com....good luck :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Have you tried putting his bed next to yours and then slowly moving him futher away? That's what I did with both of my girls and whatI will do with my son.

It takes some time, but no tears :)
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 2:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I will second drjaygordon.com...search the site for sleep. BEST article ever on the transition.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• right now his bed is next to ours and he will fall asleep withus and i ove him bu half the time he wakes up he gets back in our bed and i move him over again and the other half he will roll over and go bac to sleep inhis. he will ask to lay in his bed but then when we tell him night night he gets in ours (we all to bed at the same time). so i guess thats progress we have the whole fun sheets and bed thing we did a sticker chart wth potty training so i may try that i will let you know how that works Ati_13 maybe it would work fo rus both
    volsmomma22

Answer by volsmomma22 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Throw a queen size mattress on the floor in his room. Tell him YOUR going to be sharing HIS bed,.... Make it special have him pick out a comforter and make a big deal about it. Have your hubby sleep there with you then move him out gradually and then you move out,...
    laurenawelsh

Answer by laurenawelsh at 10:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009