Did you know if you are under 16 you arent supposed to be on cafemom ? LOL Gues sthat means the really young moms cant be here by the rules. that is so messed up I thought it was all moms no matter age.

Children's Privacy. CafeMom does not encourage participation or visitation by children. Visitors who are known to be under the age of 16 are prohibited from becoming CafeMom Members. CafeMom does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can see both sides of things. On one side a mother is a mother. On the other side, though, someone that is a 12 or 13 yr old mother (for example) really doesn't have much input that would be beneficial to other mothers. I think you know what I mean. You know how a 45 yr old mother feels when a 20 yr old with a newborn baby is trying to give her parenting advice...LOL

Also, just because they are now a mother doesn't make them an adult and alot of the stuff discussed on this site is for adults. There are things I don't like seeing on this site (i obviously just overlook them) so I certainly wouldn't want my child looking at them either regardless if they had a baby or not.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Did you know that if you are under 16, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE A MOM, YOU'RE ARE A CHILD. Honestly, i don't want to hear what any CHILD has to say about parenting. Just becasue you can biologically have a child when you are a child yourself, doesn't mean you should. And yes, women are still growing and changing until about the age of 20. Really, it's pretty pathetic when a child under 16 doesn't even have a license and can't drive to take her baby to the pediatrition. Go cry to your own mommy about being too young to be on a website, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• HOw is 16 the magic number?
    So only under 16 you shouldnt have kids then magically 16 you are aloud to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yeah actually I DID know that.

Funny how I'm the first to post without being anon and I'm the only one who has actually answered your question.

And I personally don't give a damn how old someone is when they have a kid. I've known plenty of young moms who were some of the greatest I've ever met, where women who were older when they had kids were terrible mothers. Mine included.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• LOL I didnt know it I was just bored reading all the cafemom stuff LOL REALLY bored and I came across that . Thanks for answering :)

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Kids are having kids now days and then they start to think that they are an adult and know everything!! Well they are NOT adults is what I say!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I think it is for the privacy from stalkers and child molesters. I think they could lower it. I think most of the other social networking sites have 13 as the cut off age.

As far as seeing stuff that is intended for adults, we who are adults need to be marking posts that have adult content.

I think the good of connecting with older mothers out weighs the potential danger.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2009