Co sleeping NOT BASHING JUST WONDERING.

Why do it ? Doesnt it mess with your personal life? Doesnt it make them to dependent?
I honestyly never heard of doing it til I came here on CM LOL .
I didnt let my sonn sleep n my bed ut maybe a couple times if he had a bad dream or a big storm was rolling thru and my daughter is 4 months and has only once slept with me in bed and that was because I passed out with her LOL .
I just was always wondering why the co sleeping?
Again not bashing just really wondering.

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it MATTERS if she formula feeds OR breast feeds.
    It's her opinion and she was curious - not even bashing. Besides, what's the point of writing that comment. I BF and my son did NOT co-sleep with me.

I didn't co-sleep with my son, and I don't plan to with this child. For my own personal reasons. I'd be fine with it, but my DH is very uncomfortable with that idea. He's in the military - and before was studying to become and EMT and did a few "on-calls" with an ambulance team - and one of them was a mother who had rolled over on her baby while co-sleeping and the baby passed away. he was so terrified of that - plus, our son was born premature, that he did NOT want that option, and I was okay with it.
    He did sleep in a bassinet RIGHT next to our bed - so he was always less than an arm's reach away.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Are you a FFer? My guess from this post is that you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I did it with my first because she would not sleep in her crib but I was also going through a divorce. I didnt get her out of my bed till she was 18 months and I was getting remarried. With my other two it has been their own bed from the start.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• NO I breastfed what the hell does that have to do with it?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I

I had one of those in bed co sleepers and the reason i did it was because my son was only 3lbs 12 oz when he came home from the hospital (NICU) and i was so scared to have him away from me even in a bassinet right next to me.... i never slept though i always just layed there looking at him til his daddy came home and then i went to bed.....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• anon 03
    im sorry to hear that .
    I hope that he is better now
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• K_Sawyer
    I did the bassinet thing but just for a month or so LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• he is doing good now, he is bigger, and now sleeps in a bassinet next to me but still hard to sleep while he does
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• That is good. Im glad to hear he is growing good.
    I understand the freaking out whenthey leep tho LOL my daughter I always check on her to see she is still breathing lol /
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• 2:04 one of my really good friends is a Army Consoler at Fort Bragg, and she went to help a family that that happened to. The poor baby passed away after one of them rolled on top of her. :0(

We co-slept with my daughter and used one of those little snuggle sleepers it worked really well for us. Next time we are getting one of those pack in plays that come right up to the bed. After hearing the things my friend told me she saw that night. it really freaked me out..
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2009