i have a question about convertible car seats.

i want to get rid of my daughters infant car seat and get a convertible car seat. i don't know what kind i want to get her yet. i want to go for comfort and obviously safety. i'm on a huge budget, though. i stay at home and my b/f is having a hard time finding work. the seat i really want is a britax and i know i'm going to have to settle for less. so can someone help me out?

Kitty0907

Asked by Kitty0907 at 2:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Graco makes a really nice safe car seat and it was $80. We got it at sears. It's called Graco turbo. Hope that helps you some.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You should check out www.craigslist.com they have tons of baby stuff for sale there

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:33 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• dont get one used unless you know the previous owner because so many have been recalled
    check the re-call list before you get a used one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• anon 40 I sure that she is not gonna get a used car seat. I'm sure she is smarter then that. I Don't know to many moms that would put there child in a USED CARSEAT..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Check consumerreports.org. They let you view car seat reviews even if you're not a member.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I can tell you that we LOVE our True Fit. It's under $200, RF to 35 and FF to 65.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Anon 2:50, MANY people don't know the dangers of purchasing/using a used carseat. I'm glad it was mentioned.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have some journals with pictures and prices that might help...kinda side by side comparisons in a way. We bought a lower priced seat that would work a while and when we got our tax return we bought a nicer, longer lasting seat. We started with a Scenera($45) and then when he got too tall for it RFing around 22 months or so (he's 100% for height), we bought a Truefit($145 on amazon)

Keep in mind how tall or heavy your child is already, higher height/weight seats will allow your child to use the seats longer.
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1465317/MY_carseat_recommendations_with_PICS
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1466932/Budget_car_seats_convertible_and_harnessed_booster
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Here is a list of good seats:
    Cosco Scenera- $40-65
    Evenflo Triumph Advance- $115-140
    Graco Myride- $150-160
    First Years True Fit- $150-180
    Britax convertibles $160 +

Any of those would be a good choice based on whatever you can afford.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If she's big enough to switch to forward facing (20lbs and one year) you could just get a Graco Nautilus which would last her till she no longer needs a seat. If you still need a rear facing seat I'd recommend the Graco Comfortsport. Not exactly sure how much it retails for, we got ours free from our health insurance, but it is a very good seat and it comes in a number of different fabrics so you can get something that goes with your car.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009