Clomid help!

I am on my first cycle of Clomid and I had an IUI done on my day 13, then on day 16 I started bleeding. It was not as bright as a period, but there was a bit of clots and it wasn't dark brown. It was about a tampon's worth and then stopped, and then I started spotting again today (day 17). I called my doc yesterday and the nurse said that it's too early to be my period because I just ovulated on Tuesday, and that there is nothing we can do about it now. She was supposed to talk to my doc and call me back, but she never did.

Anybody have this happen? Any idea what it was? Do I have any shot at being pregnant still? Could this be a chemical pregnancy, like a really early miscarriage? Also, I had two eggs, one that was good and one that was a little small, so maybe the one could have failed..? Would that cause the bleeding? I was going to ask my doc more questions, but they didn't call back and now it's the weekend! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's unlikely that after only three days your body is bleeding due to a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. It takes about five days for a fertilized egg to grow to a blastocyst and get to the uterus and start to implant. More likely, your body is sensitive to being messed with by the fertility meds, and it's breakthrough bleeding, like you might get when starting a new birth control pill. Do what you can to distract yourself between now and the time they would want you to go in for a blood pregnancy test. You're worrying yourself unnecessarily. It's easy to obsess over every little spot, every little everything and drive yourself nuts. Go out for a walk, go out shopping, watch some old movies. You'll be at testing time soon enough. It's all out of your control.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:34 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Thank you halfpint, I'll try my best. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2009