We all need a good laugh!

I have heard sooo many wives tales about being pregnant and I can't help but laugh at them! What's worse is how strongly some of the older women believe in them and even had their doctors tell them about them saying they were true!
So I thought it would be fun to just see what funny or off the wall ones we have heard for a good laugh. You can never laugh often enough!

One I'm constantly hearing is "lifting your arms above your head will cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby's head."

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 3:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Carrying farther out = boy.
    Craving sweet foods = girl.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I craved sour stuff with my girl and sweets with both boys. My favorite I think is If you stand upside down after conception you can change the sex of the baby! LOL! Get real!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Low is a girl, high is a boy. We all drop at one time before our child comes into the world. How about sleeping on your left will make you have a c-section and laying on your right will have you a big baby. can we all say BULL SHIT :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Wearing A Lei Can Choke Your Fetus

You Have to Drink A Lot of Water or Your Baby Will Get Dirty (believe it or not I hear this one often)

If You Have Heartburn During Pregnancy Your Baby Has A Lot of Hair

Your Partner Will Get a Sty in the Eye if They Don’t Feed You What You Crave (wish this one was real, cause then I would be happy, I'd have my yummies)

Drain-O Test, tablespoon of Drain-O in a cup and pee into it. If the mixture turns green you are having a girl. If it turns blue you are having a boy

If your legs resemble tree trunks, it's a boy. If they're trim and fit, it's a girl.

I hear all these often....
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 11:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Hah, that tree trunk one is hilarious, what pregnant woman feels as though any part of her body is "trim and fit". I was told bad morning sickness=girl. But I had terrible morning sickness and have a beautiful baby boy!
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2009