what would u do if your daughter was raped and then ended up pregnant?

if your own daughter was to get raped and she chose to have an abortion would you support her decision or treat her like a piece of shit for her decision.

The arguments of, 'Ive taught my daughter well, she should have used protection, she had sex and their are consequences' dont apply here cause...HELLO!?! She was raped! The choice is in the bedroom not the medical table, blah, blah, blah...SHE DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE!

And even if she wasnt raped would u still support her? Don't say my daughter would never do that because i raise her wih my values and moral because that day will come when she will have a mind of her own and she may or may not stick to the value and moral you believe in.

kahala

Asked by kahala at 4:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ask her what SHE wants to do. Her decision, not mine.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Take her to counseling and help her make the best decision. In the end it will be her choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• the fact that she was raped is one of the worst traumatic things a woman can endure. I am so sorry. God bless to your daughter. As far as the surprise baby...that should be her decision and yes I would support her no matter what her decision is. As a parent I would make sure she was well informed of the responsibilities and consequences of any decision she will be making. After that..I would wait for her decision and let her know you love her no matter what. It will be hard, because she already suffering from a traumatic situation. You dont ever get over being raped, in my opinion..you do however learn to live with the injustice of it. Love your daughter, support her decision regardless if you agree or dont agree..its her life, she will have to be the one who lives with the decision she makes for the rest of her life regardless. God Bless you both. and extra prayers for your daughter to make the right choice.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 4:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Awe, bless u lacey jones! Ur reply was so kind hearted and so supportive. Im sorry if u thought i was talking about my daughter (i dont have a daughter, my sons 6) i never meant to decieve any1. My friend is the original OP of this post and she said i could snag it. 8 yrs ago i was raped and ur right its something u never get over. 18 mos ago i had a abortion. So i have much sympathy for rape victims, womens right to choose.
    kahala

Answer by kahala at 5:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• perhaps the blessing of a brand new life would help her heal form the trauma of the rape? perhaps a pregnancy could be seen a gift, rather than another terrible thing to be endured?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I dont have a daughter but i've have been sexually abused and rape by my grandfather, If i ever got pregnant by him i probably would've of have an abortion but then again it ended when i was 11, i dont think i would've had a choice any ways. Keeping the baby has 2 outcome, A- she can learn to love it because it is another life, B she can hate it because it will always remind her of that traumatic event. I would definatly take her to counseling when SHE is ready, I've always been against abortion, but i've always said there should be an option of abortion on special cases like a rape victim, or a mother health is in danger. and i know ppl are against that because they say just cause she's raped its not the baby fault. and its true it's not , but she also didn't have a choice in whether or not she could have sex either. there is always adoption. but like i said it about her choice.
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 7:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• WOW..SO HARD TO ANSWER..I GUESS WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT CHILDREN AND THEY FEEL DIFFERENTLY ABOUT EACH CHALLENGE THEY WE DO..I THINK.ONLY MY OPPINON..WE SHOULD CHECK ASAP 4 PREGNANCY ..MAKE THE DECISION IMMEADIATELY..A LIFE IS A LIFE, BUT THE SOONER THE BETTER..THINK OF THE PAIN AND LIFE ALTERING THE SITUATION WOULD BE..IS OUR CHILD STRONG ENOUGH..WOULD KEEPING THIS BABY, BE THE RIGHT THING..COULD I HANDLE ADOPTION..ALSO IT WOULD DEPENDON UR DAUGHTERS AGE..I MEAN WOW..A BIG QUESTION..SO MANY THOUGHTS..IF ANYONE IS IN THIS SITUATION..MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU..
    HOLLIECATHERINE

Answer by HOLLIECATHERINE at 7:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I would support her in either decision that she made. Abortion, adoption or keeping it.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Consequentialism has been proven to be a flawed moral code. I believe that abortion, unless the mother's life or health is in danger, is highly unethical. To me, the means of getting pregnant (in this case rape) does not justify the ends (having an abortion). Being raped does not make abortion right. When I hear people say that, they might as well say to MY face "you were less deserving of life, for your mother's sake, because SHE was raped." I think my life is more valuable than that and I'm very happy that I was born. Is my opinion offensive? Probably, but as the product of a raped teenager, the opposite answer is highly offensive to me. So I guess we have to agree to disagree.

I will always love my children unconditionally but I will not support what they do if it is unethical or foolish. This does not mean I will treat them poorly but it doesn't mean I'm going to flip-flop on my values either.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I would support her in whatever decision she made, but seeing as she is just a teenager, I'd try to make sure she was really sure about it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2009