Any ideas?

I need a job, not a business. Unfortunately I need it NOW! of course, Ive check the local papers and the usual avenues. Any one have any other idea? Please and Thank-you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• My community has a big demand for after school babysitting. It is something you could do in your home...
    zetta816

Answer by zetta816 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Baby sit. So some things online. I do something online. They pay you to click on ads. Not the biggest paycheck, but for 10 mins of my day, it' not bad! I can PM youmore info if you want :)
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Here is a list of DataEntry jobs which if you are hired come with a weekly paycheck: http://stuckathomemom.com/?p=34

And these are legitimate admin jobs from home: http://stuckathomemom.com/?p=29
    These are all legitimate companies, NO MLM, NO Fees. They Pay YOU!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Try www.542542.com It's kgb. You answer questions that people text in (thru their system.) Doesn't pay much, but it's good for an extra couple hundred a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• And no, that wasn't a referral link or anything...and I gave you the wrong link

its 542542.com/agent

Take the challenge to start.
    Anonymous

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others.
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.