Congested Baby...?

Our little one is 17 days old. The filter in our AC needed changed sooner than usual and over night me, hubby, our 1yr old and our newborn got slight coughs. Since me and hubby both have semi-sore throats we're assuming the babies do too. We changed the filter and now everyone is doing better, except our newborn keeps sneezing and making breathing noises like he's stopped up. I've taken him into the bathroom three times and ran the shower on hot to get it steamy and it works until we leave the bathroom.
Is there anything I can do for him?

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 5:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you breastfeed? Couple drops of breast milk in the nose wait a minute then use the nasal aspirator.
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Put a cool mist humidifier in his room. Buy some saline spray (they make some now that's compressed in a can, and it's fantastic) and zoot it up his nose before naps/bedtime, then use a bulb syringe to carefully remove any loosened mucus.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I agree with Swasson. One of my son's gets croup in the winter and a cool-mist humidifier works wonderfully!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2009