How did you get rid of your acne? (If you had it?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Health

• I discovered that I was sensitive to orange juice. I had acne into adulthood. I started drinking cranberry juice instead of orange juice for breakfast and was surprised when the acne disappeared after about a month. If I eat oranges every day now, I still have break outs. So you may want to look for something you eat as a the culprit.

Answer by Bmat at 7:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Honey helps a lot. I put it on my face for about 15 minutes once a day and wipe it off.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009