I have two boys they are 21 months and 9 months my oldest is very active and I dont know any activities for him inside?

I am finding it hard to do things outside because I dont like leaving ther youngest in the house its just hard trying to include them both help any ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Something my children enjoyed was to put up a card table (or arrange chairs) and drape a sheet over it to make a playhouse or cave. They played for hours inside and out. A sheet doesn't block out all the light, so there is plenty of light. Another thing that was fun was that I took half gallon milk cartons and crumpled newspaper in them, taped them shut, and covered with contact paper to make big bricks that they could use to set around to make walls.

Answer by Bmat at 8:00 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't know anything about where you live, but near me there are a ton of indoor play places with inflatable play structures for older kids and a smaller place for younger kids and age appropriate toys for them. That way your older kid can play and your younger one can too! We even have a free play area at the mall with a toddler slide and other activities and my 9 month old can crawl around and play while the older one can play on the slide or with other older kids there. Try to find places like that!
    jenrose82

Answer by jenrose82 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Balloons! You can find a million things to do with a laundry basket like basketball or golf. Use the vaccuum attatchments for the club. Paint with water on concrete for outside activity. Cut up construction paper and let them glue with glue stick. I cut a tree trunk, branches, and leaves out of construction paper and made family tree. Cut out pictures from grocery ads and glue for their own little list. Tie a ribbon onto a straw. Paper plate mask and decorate it. Paydough. Let playdough dry and super glue a magnet to the back. Go to Library story time. Potatoe prints. I could go on.........Have fun!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:34 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I like this one...paint hand prints on t-shirts and you have custom pj's for them. Or use potatoe prints, any prints. Buy cheap acrylic paints for the prints. I make hand print molds ever New Year's. Use the fridge letter magnets to put in hand print molds to spell names. Use the acrylic paint to paint inside handprints....Cute!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2009