Do people really still have a period while they were pregnant?

Did you personally or do you know anyone whose kept having periods even though they were pregnant. I know you have heard as have I the stories and saw the discovery health shows "i didn't know I was pregnant" about the women who didn't know cuz they still had a period.

I mean is it like a full period or shorter or longer; does it happen regually like your prepregnancy periods? And medically speaking, where is the blood coming from cuz i always thought your period was the lining of your uterus shedding b/c it's not pregnant, so whats coming out then? Did your baby come earlier because of these pregnant periods? I'm just really curious...I know I could prob search for the answer but it you have one now, I'd love to hear.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was about 4 1/2 months pregnant with dd before I found out. I gained no weight, had no morning sickness, and had my period every month, during that first 4 months. My periods have always been irregular, so I guess mine were regular for me. After I found out I was preg, it became more like a normal pregnancy - gaining weight, morning sickness, no periods, etc.
    No, she wasn't early due to the periods. She was 4 days late.

busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 1:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My stepmom had regular periods through her entire pregnancy. I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone who has a period during pregnancy but she bled because of her cervix. She was put on bed rest at 14 weeks pregnant and had the baby early. She says her period during pregnancy was shorter than normal and not as much bleeding but they came on every month at the same time. This doesn't make sense to me since the DR said it was coming from her cervix and wasn't an actual period, but, it's her body and she swears it was a regular period.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I know of a girl at my work who had regular priods for the first 4 months of her pregnancy but I don't know the logistics of it or the details.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2009