Pampered Chef Consultant - What would you do?

Ok, so I attended a Pampered Chef party on Thursday and would really like to try being a consultant. The party was my neighbor's grand opening party and she approached me about becoming a consultant as well. So I thought about it and called her on Friday to tell her I was interested. She called me back later and said she would come over after dinner...never saw or heard from her. I told her husband yesterday morning to have her give me a call, I had some questions about PC. Never heard from her.

I still have the lady's information who helped her with my neighbor's party, so my question is, would it be rude to go online and sign up under the lady's who did her party? Or should I give my neighbor more time to get back with me? I tend to be a little impatient when I have to wait, so I thought I would ask everyone here. Thanks in advance!!

kayleighsmom529

Asked by kayleighsmom529 at 9:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• You really should sign up under your friend. I am a Tupperware rep and if I was your friends upline I would gladly help you but I would make sure your friend was your recruiter and not the other lady. I would try to go to your neighbors house or call again and say you really want to do this so let's get going. OR call the PC lady and say ok I want to sign on under my friend but she hasn't called me back can you at least answer my questions. As an upline she should be happy to do that. I however would make sure she doesn't take your info and sign you on under her that's all.

WIth Tupperware we get bonuses and FREE stuff for adding people to our team that's why I think it's important that your friend sign you on. I wouldn't want her to miss out. GOOD LUCK!!! I would give your friend more time but I can see how it's annoying when she didn't show.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 9:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i would give her another day or two to get back to you, but the thing that would throw me is not her not calling its that she said she'd be over and never showed up. so if she doesn't call you by lets say tuesday, than i'd call the other woman
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I would sign up under someone else, I had an up line like that once and they are no help in getting you to get your business to succeed, you need to go with another consultant.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Sign up under the person who did the party and not your neighbor. She doesn't sound very responsible and you would have issues with her if you needed help. Sorry, but she lost the opportunity when she didn't follow through and now won't talk to you. Her loss. Do NOT give her more time, she had the chance and blew it. Her fault and no one else's. You need someone that will be there to help you get your business started, not make promises and not follow through.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Honestly are you sure can do well with Pampered Chef? I used to do well but lately you can't sell it to anyone and chances are your neighbor already has all of your neighbors as her clients.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If she cannot do a simple thing like return your call, how will she help you in the business. I would call the other lady and hopefully your friend will learn when opporuntiy knocks you must answer. Wishing you much success.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• or when opportunity calls you must answer.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:02 AM on Sep. 1, 2009