My son has lost all of his autism services

Everyone quit from his therapist down to his tss and my case manager gets changed once a week what do I have to do? Start all over this child needs help.

youngerika2000

Asked by youngerika2000 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh my SS, but yes it sounds like you have to start over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• can you do things with him at home? You are going to start being his teacher and find groups of parents with autistic kids. Because you will have to start over again.
    You have to take charge and don't wait for the therapist to teach him.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• How old is your son? Is he in public school yet? Does he have an IEP? If he is school age and has special needs and IEP, then by law he MUST receive services! Who was delivering his services and therapistes, the school system? By law if he is eligible for special education he must be served! If you would like to send me more information maybe I can help you.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Having worked with autistic children, I have learned that in order to get and keep quality services for your son you need to fight. It's definitely a case of the squeaky wheel gets the oil. But I would suggest to try to continue working on the programs the supports had been doing to keep the consistency. I'm sorry you are going through this, it makes me sick to see what families of children on the spectrum deal with and then how hard they have to fight to get services. If you ever need to vent, please feel free to stop by my page! Hang in there.
    rfollis

Answer by rfollis at 3:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Also, can you request services from another provider?
    rfollis

Answer by rfollis at 3:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2009