girls i need some answers here. i am 43yr old and one day late with my period

i am 43 yr's old and i am one day late with my period. my husband and i do not want any more kids. we thought we were being carful. for the last three yr's we have being using the pull out method. i thought it has been working great we never had a close call that he started to come before he pulled it out . i keep telling my husband to go get him self fix and he tells me i will have to wait till it's slow at work. i am under a lot of stress right now could this have any thing to do with it.the only thing that is diffrent to my body is that my boobs hurt but that happens every time i have my period. my husband and i do not want any more kids at our age. we have a 7 and 3 yr old and . our life is just starting to get more flexible. having a child at my age is just to many things could go wrong with the baby and i could not deal with that. do any of you think i could be preg . we do not have the money to have another child.not go

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One day late? I wouldn't worry until I were like 5-7 days late... Don't stress about it though either (as hard as that is) b/c that could delay your period as well, as I'm sure you've heard. The pull out method? Not the greatest method of birth control... Anyhow, try to relax and pick up a test... and maybe consider a different option of BC... Personally, after my baby's born I'm gonna do the Mirena b/c it lasts 5 years and is not permanent, just in case... but if y'all are done, done... never want to have another child, I would suggest he get fixed b/c it's 1/3 of the cost and a helluva lot less invasive than if you got fixed.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 9:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You could be starting peri-menopause. But if you really don't want more children, the pull-out method is not very effective. Condom plus pull-out maybe, or condom plus contraceptive foam, or surgical procedure, or other methods. But one day late- it could be stress of some kind. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Get your tubes tied! I hate to be mean but I'm gonna be real honest here! You are old enough to know better! I can't believe you'd even be posting this nonsense like you are 19! My friend is 44 and pregnant right now. All it takes is a sperm and an egg. It doesn't matter how old you are. If you donakt want anymore kids then do something about it besides pull outm Geeze! I'm not even 30 yet and I knew when to shut down the factory.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Pull out method does not work because the pre cum can get u prego! Im sorry your dealing with this! But if you are prego everything should be fine as long as u see a doc! My mom got prego with me when she was 43! Everything will work out! But your only one day late so it could just be a fluke! Gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I know first hand that the pull out method does not work, not even if you have sex just once. If you are sure you don't want anymore children maybe you want to look into other bc methods. I am on bc pills but have also used an IUD. Both worked well for me but the IUD gave me more of a significant drop in sex-drive than the pill, but I do have trouble remembering the pill. I have seen the commercials for the once-a-month vaginal rings but I haven't heard of anyone who has used it. It might be worth a try. I hope things work out for you!
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Just start praying that you go another 364 days without a period! Then you can say you made it thru menopause! But seriously... 1 day late? I wouldnt worry about that because you are hitting an age when your period is going to start acting weird on you

And FYI... the pull out method doesnt always work. I learned that in sex ed when I was 11, I would think you would have known that by now
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• well it's definitely possible. the pull out method isn't super effective if you are having sex around your fertile time. it definitely could be the stress. i was 5 days later a few months ago because we were in the middle of moving and starting new jobs. so it could be the stress.

have you ever heard of essure? i just heard of it so i dont' know much about it. it's a permanent thing, can't be reversed like the big V for him. but it's a lot better than tubes tied in terms of recovery time and all.

good luck. i know what you mean i am looking forward to a few years when we have some flexibility in our lives, not always catering to a baby's schedule. i think you are probably not pregnant but it's a possibility.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2009