is my baby kind of "advanced"?

Here are a few things that impress me:
(He just turned 1 last week)

He draws w/ chalk and markers
"stamps" and draws on the magnetic drawing board
Brushes his own teeth really good(while supervised)
"num num" when he is hungry

That's just a couple of things, what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no.. average 1 year old things still cute none the less
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• He will probably be speaking French and German by next week! Put him in calculus class now!lol hes normal! But it's exciting huh.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• normal but keep teaching him things, it is fun to see them growing and start doing big boy things.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• All kids develop differently. At 1 my son was speaking in complete sentences and had been running through the house for months (said his first words at 6 months, I kid you not). He could dress himself and help around the house.
    My youngest daughter could even put on her own socks and shoes at 1.
    My middle daughter couldn't say a word or do much of anything for herself. Doesn't mean she was behind or they were ahead, they are just different.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My sisters daughter at one could count to 10 walk and form sentences "I'm hungry" "Imtired" "no thank you" "yes please" I could go on, she had about 60 words and 25 sentences, now she is three and already in school, speaking phrases in both French and German. She also has great Vernacular. Most people assume she is 5 or 6 on the smaller side. Your baby is not behind, he is probably right where he should be. My nephew almost 2 years (in OCT) only has about 10 GOOOD words that he can speak clearly and can be understood maybe 20 but half of them are "his" words, and not actual words. I don't consider him behind, just not as advanced as he could be.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Seems normal to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• He sounds advanced to me! Keep it up!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009