What should i do for my sons first birthday?

Should i throw him a birthday party or should i take the close family out to dinner and celebrate? I want it to be special but im on a time shedule, hell be one in a week. If we take close family out shoud we pay for them or let them pay for themselves?

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would do a birthday party....but Im the kind of person who is big on birthdays. If you invite your family out to dinner in a formal invitation i think it would be expected or almost like your offering to pay for everyone. If you do it in a casual way like "lets all get together for dinner for ______s birthday" then i would think i would be paying my way. Taking everyone out to dinner and paying could be more expensive then a house party cause you could get most of the things at the dollar store for a party.
    A first birthday is an important one to me although they dont remember it. Its something you need to discuss with your hubby or significant other. Hope I helped a little bit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• id say throw a party but get one where u can have like a buffet style food at home or a group rate
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2009