would you ever let your child fly in a airplane alone?

If your ex lived in another state then his children....would you let them fly to that state by themselves?

truely914

Asked by truely914 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Absolutely not. Not a toddler or a preschooler, No way, No how, nope.

That would be like sending them with strangers and saying, Good luck. Especially if they couldn't voice their needs or fears. No. no. no. no.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I see you put this is "toddlers"......so......NO
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• depends on the age.. i would wait with them and walk them onto the plane and set them down and get them strapped in and have them call asap when they arrive, id say 8+ for age to do that
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't think I would, but my uncle used to send my little cousin to see us every summer by airplane.. By herself. Just from Oregon to California but still! She seemed to like it. She got tours of the plane and pilot wing pins.. lol she'd wear them til she left too. It was okay for her, but it only takes one weirdo to ruin things
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If it's OP's kids, then she is posting in the 1-2 section and she has a girl starting pre-school soon, so 3-4? Checked the profile.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• LOL, It's not my child. I would never let my child fly by herself. I would be in the seat right next to her. A friend of mine ex is getting married and wants his children there. I think he should send money for an extra ticket so someone could fly with the children.
    truely914

Answer by truely914 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• no not at any age not the way this world has become.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I have let my 11 year old fly alone and you pay an extra 100.00 each way for the airliine to supervise your child and they do a good job of it, too! However, I know there are age limits and the airline won't watch a toddler on the plane...I think the youngest is 5 or 7...I am not sure but you could look on the websites for the various airlines if you are interested. A toddler would need full time care and supervision on a plane so no, I would never even consider letting a toddler fly alone.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• no way!!! Maybe if the child was 16
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2009