Am I the only one thinking about what to get my kids for Christmas already?

My kids are 2 & 3 and Christmas will be very exciting this year!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 12 yr. old ds reminded me that christmas is only 4 months away. He is starting his list already and like every year I explain to him that Christmas is about giving!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I always think about it...my little "santa" brain is always going! lol.

I dont obsess over it or anything...but if I see something that I think my little ones might like I make a mental note of it so I can remember it closer to the holidays.

Like yesterday I saw a very cute baby doll bed that I thought my little girl who is 4, would like, I noted the price and store...target, so I could tell my dh ;) lol I love Christmas!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Nope! I already know that my boys (3 and 5) will be getting a bunch of legos for Christmas this year. So far they don't have any. I have even started buying some smaller sets. I like to spread my Christmas shopping out over several months. I know what my step son is getting too.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You are not alone. My dd will be 3 and i plan getting her some things dealing with dolls. She didnt care for them at first now she wants to take one everywhere.
    Se-Se

Answer by Se-Se at 12:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Nope.

However, I'm seriously considering not giving the kids toys this year, or at least cutting it down to one toy each. They seriously have SO many, and don't need any more. In fact, I still have toys from last Christmas that never got taken out of the package.

I'm thinking books, maybe a nice toy box each, and winter fun stuff (since we live a place where it actually snows this year) Maybe sleds and a snowball maker... stuff like that.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No! Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I think all year about what to get everyone. I love shopping for them and finding that 'perfect' gift.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Nope Christmas has been on my mind for awhile now. Its my favorite holiday :)

However I need to get through my oldest turning six in two weeks and my youngest turning one in October, then I can seriously consider Christmas....lol
    KiLora_Gifts

Answer by KiLora_Gifts at 3:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'm thinking about it.

but not obsessively shopping or planning, just the back of the brain paying attention to what's out there and what my girls like. if something they like is on sale then I get it but don't go out of my way.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i am just starting to get excited about it...last year was fun, but this year my dd has a much better understanding...dh and i just recently started talking about our plans.
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 5:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i already have all my kids birthday and christmas presents and my oldest birthday isn't until April!
    KeilsRoses

Answer by KeilsRoses at 6:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009