What are some good toys to give a 6 month old for Christmas

roxygirl6209

Asked by roxygirl6209 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Holidays

• the push walkers (will be shortly) toys that roll away on their own encouraging crawling some soft books toys you put balls in and watch them go around and make music
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Does your 6 month have alot of family?? This year my little one will only be three months so were are just buying her another savings bond. or putting money in her savings. We'll probably buy some silly things like some soft dolls or things but between family and friends I'm sure the LO's get spoiled rotten!!!!!!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• a christmas ornanment, clothes, teether, a toy
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Leapfrog makes a cool learning drum, I think it is only about $20. It lights up and plays music, my dd had it until she was about 3.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The push toy was my thought also. And buy anything that's age-appropriate for 9-12 months. If we bought him something for his age, he used it for 5 minutes. LOL! Also, those little activity tables that they can stand at for when they start pulling up and cruising. Leap frog makes one. They are pricey, and you could even look on ebay, or resale shops. They are usually in good condition, because people don't have them long. They have lots of activities on all 4 sides of the table. Lots of buttons to push and lights. It was our favorite. PS-The legs come off so that it can be used on the floor until they start pulling up.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4956533

This is the Leapfrog Learn & Groove Musical Table. $35 bucks (lower than usual) and you'll have it a long while. Legs come off so it can be used on the floor. Our favorite toy of all time. Now they are english/spanish. They weren't when we had ours. Well worth the money, even new.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Toys that encourage the age group! A crawling Color mat I got is So Cute! It shows Artist's paintings & the colors in 3 languages! I bought this for my first Grand DD due any Day! Her 2 brothers love it! A Top is Fun! A jack in the box! Any toys that seem fun to hold and do something with! It may appeal to you. But not to the child! Walking Toys Are so Fun! It helped preemie Michael when he wasn't ready to walk!! Sometimes A clothes Basket or simple things are Fun too! Nothing beats Games of peek' a boo! Have Fun!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• onestepahead.com
    They have some of the neatest things, and for the older bunch check out
    leapsandbounds.com
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2009