Needing advice about this plz

My dh & I will be celebrating 50 yrs of age each of us next yr and also our 10th Anniversary. We want to have a big 50's bday party we will pay for it all ourselves and as an added bonus renew our vows. The problem I am having is that I am very chemical sensitive, colognes and perfumes burn my eyes and give me an instant headache so is there a way to tactfully ask guests not to wear those items so that we may enjoy the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Just tell them on the invitation.....Guests are asked not to wear any type of colonge or perfume in consideration for guests with allergies. Short sweet and to the point. Now don't get me wrong there will probably be a few people there who either forget, or think nothing of it and wear it anyway. Not much you can do about it. Bring some asprin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• put a short and funny note in the invites. i'm assuming most of the people you know probably already know this so it will just be a friendly little reminder to them. i'd make it a joke, something like if you are the one who wears the perfume and causes me to not enjoy myself b/c i'm sick than you get to pay for the party to make up for this party. (not those exact words but that'd be the jest of it)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Most ppl know they just choose not to conform to what I want or else they forget one of the 2. I know even in my own home I have to leave if they come cuz I can't stand to be here with them mostly tho it's my stepsons and they must dump the whole bottle on to cover up something but both good answers. I just was hoping it wouldn't be rude to put that on the invites. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'd just put on there Please do not wear perfume or cologne. I"m sure they will call and ask what's up if they don't already know.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'd put it on the invite. If it is certian family members or very close friends who do this then I would talk directly with them and nicely remind them not to wear fragrance - or ask your hubby to mention it to his family (and especially his sons).
    I hope everyone will be nice and remember to be fragrance free, and you are able to have a great time at the party!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2009