Acne problem...

I have been using proactiv but it doesnt seem to be helping, my face seems to be getting worse. Someone suggested Zinc so I bought some but I am not exactly sure how to use it.

Do I just take one a day or should I have bought some other kind of zinc stuff thats not the pills? Is there anything else I could try that may help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Health

• oh Im so angry at those proactive comercials. I used proactive like 10 years ago and it made my face worse and now I have the scars to prove it. It is such false advertisement! I never heard of using zinc. If someone says it works than Im going for it. I still get acne today and I am in my late 30's. I used stydex pads on my face today. I dont break out as much anymore. It more controlled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My friend went to the doctor and they put her on antibiotics for her acne and she said she would let me know if it worked. Until then, she told me to use zinc and that she had read a lot of stuff that said zinc was a fast way to get rid of acne. I am just not sure if I am suppose to break open the tablets and rub the stuff on my face or take them orally...lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Google It!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I would google it and probably will but for now I want to hear some stories from real people who have tried it or suggestions to try other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i know a product called clenziderm. i tried proactiv too and it didnt work, and neither did things in the stores. someone told me about this product, and it works!! it started working right away too. if you want to know how to get it, message me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009