is it possible to not like the person you love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• there are times i don't like my husband but i love him dearly, but as a permanent thing, i'm not sure i'd be able to love him if i constantly didn't like him. make sense?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• YES IT IS POSSIBLE, THERE ARE MANY TIMES I DON''T LIKE MY HUBBY, BUT I DO LOVE HIM ALL THE TIME, EVEN WHEN I DON'T LIKE HIM,

Answer by older at 11:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I am so glad you asked this question...I was just thinking this myself and I hope you get some more in depth answers that might help us both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yes, there have been times that I have dispised my Mother and my Husband but I still loved them. My Mother doesn't like my brother but she loves him (he makes it REALLY hard for people to like him).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• People are complex. We may have similar values, beliefs, interests ect. that bring us together but we can't be the same in all areas. So there may be times you may not like the person you love just as easily as having times you disagree with them. Love is an action anyway. You can show love to anyone you have a connection to even when that person may have many things about them that you don't like.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 12:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Oh absolutely.

There are times when I don't like my husband much, there are times he doesn't like me much. But we ALWAYS love each other.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Wow I thought I was the only wife who didnt like there hubby. I love him so much but he is a pain. This a weight taken off my shoulders. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I love my hubby more than anyone in the world but sometimes I can't stand him! LOL!! It happens.
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 1:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Absolutely! I adore and love my husband always. I don't always like him or his actions. I think that's when you realize you're ready for a serious committment-- you can be ready to strangle them for something stupid, but you'd lay down your life for them in a heartbeat. :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009