how would you feel?!?!?!

my boyfriends parents took our son to pennsylvania for the weekend. they left thrusday at 12pm...it is now sunday at almost 12...thats 3 whole days! they havnt called me once throughout their whole trip, but they called my boyfriend and he got to talk to our son. do you think i am wrong for being angry that they called him and not me? i wouldve called one of their cell phones but i dont know if they would get roming charges and they told me they would call me. usually when they take him on the weekends they call me at least once throughout the weekend. am i wrong here???? im so angry that i will not even speak to them when they get home. i told my bf that if they call me when they get home i will not answer and they can have him drive our son to my parents house. i dont even want to see them im so pissed. how would you feel?

lululovexox

Asked by lululovexox at 11:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'd call them and wouldn't care about roaming charges. is he your sons father? and if they called him, where you around when they called, i would have just said that you wanted to say hi as well. but really, i'd be more concerned w/getting my child home than i would w/avoiding them b/c i was upset w/them.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You are the parent as well and they should be calling you too. They are being insensitive. I am sure they are having a good time but you LO needs to hear your voice. I would be going nuts if I did not talk to my child in three days!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• he is my sons father, and when i found out they called him i was so angry i was shaking all over and swearing and punching things. at that time i knew i was in no shape to call them...and still now, i will not be the least bit nice if i have to talk to them now and im not a mean person so i get scared that if im mean it will ruin the good relationship we have/had. they usually take my son every weekend and i told my bf that is going to change, they think that MY son belongs to them!
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 11:26 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I WOULD NOT HAVE EVEN LET THEM TAKE HIM.....HE'S YOU CHILD THOUGH SO ITS YOUR CHOICE! I WOULD BE BEYOND PISSED ....MY IN LAWS WOULD NEVER DO THAT THOU!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• my son is 4 months and i wont even let my hubby's mom take him over nite and she lives 2 blocks down the road so yea i would b pissed thats stupid they could have at least called u and let u speak to him i get pissed if my hubbys mom has him for an hr and doesnt answer the phone when i call im the mom i worry u know? i
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'd be totally pissed! I don't think that not speaking to them will fix it though. Just my opinion, but, I found that rationally saying when I was pissed at my inlaws made me feel better. Yeah, I wouldn't care about the roaming charges either. They are concerned with roaming but they can call your SO? Yeah, I don't think so. You have the right to be angry but if they are good grandparents then I wouldn't flip out on them. Just tell them that you are upset!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2009