Wedding ring

Do you still wear your original wedding ring? I'm specially wondering about those that have been married a long time. What happened to the original wedding ring? Did some of you upgrade too? Mine is white gold w/half caret and I hate that I have to redip it every year and I rather get a simple gold band with litte dimonds on it I saw it at Sams club lol I like nice but simple no hassel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Both of us wear ours everyday, never take them off. We've been married 16 years. I got hubby a new band for our 10th anniversary, he got me an anniversary band for our 15th. We had my wedding band and engagement ring soldered (sp?) together about 10 years ago, I wear all three rings now all the time. My ring is not huge, we bought it at the Exchange on Base, and we made payments for 2 years! I wouldn't trade it for anything though, it symbolizes so much!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I had 3 marriages and never had wedding rings. My daughter doesn't like the ring her df gave her so she went to Sam's and upgraded. I'm sure I would do the same thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• MY FIRST YEAR OF MARRIAGE, HUBBY DECIDED TO TAKE HIS OF BECAUSE IT BOTHERED HIM, (HE DOES NOT WEAR ANY TYPE OF JEWELRY) SO I IN TURN DECIDED NOT TO WEAR MINE EITHER. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 38 YEARS, I STILL SOMETIMES WEAR IT ON SPECIAL OCCASSIONS BUT NOT IN THE CORRECT FINGER AND NO HAVEN'T UPGRADED, BUT I HAVE BOUGHT MYSELF OTHER RINGS OF MY LIKING.

Answer by older at 11:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yep. It is nearly 4.5 years old. It is only 1/16 caret diamond though. I wanted something very simple. I love it to pieces though. Then again my engagement ring is stainless steel. Hubby says he wants to upgrade me at some point but like for our 20th anniversary and I would have to find something I like. I have only ever found 2 diamond rings in my life that I like.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't wear my original band, but I wear my ring he gave me a year later. He lost his original band in Iraq, but still has his nice one, but doesn't wear it because it gets scratched at work.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• we both still wear ours, i love my ring, it's a 1.5 carat pear shaped diamond with alot of accent diamonds on white gold
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• not married here, but i think if i were, i would wear it all the time. maybe i'm saying that because i'm so eager to get married and want people to know once i am. i still wear a ring though especially when i am out with my kids. its bad, my crazy insecurity.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Hubs and I have been married for 18 yrs. He wore his ring for the 1st 1-2 yrs, and then would only put it on for special occasions. Well over the years the ring seemed to 'shrink' and did not fit anymore. For my rings I wore them all the time, until I was pregnant with my 1st. My fingers swelled so bad I could not wear them. After my 2nd was born I did have my rings re-sized and would wear them when we went out or for special occasions. Currently I am not wearing them- although I do know where they are.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I wear my original engagement ring it is pretty wide so I don't wear a wedding band. I have never worn my wedding band and it doesn't bother him. I did get an anniversary band that I wore with the engagement ring for a while but I just pretty much stick with the engagement ring.
    DH occasionally wears his wedding band (due to his job), it doesn't bother me. I would like to get new matching wedding bands but he said he would never wear it because it's not the one that I put on his finger 9 1/2 years ago.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• We're going to celebrate #12 a week from now, and I have two wedding sets. I have my original, which I love. I don't wear it all that often because it's just a little tight and the hot summers here make my fingers swell. He gave me an anniversary band when we were married 8 years, and I normally wear that with a gold band. It's a size 5 and fits me during the summer. When the weather is colder, I will probably wear my original wedding set more (it's a size 4 3/4). I've thought about sizing my wedding set up about a quarter of a size, but I also have a few pounds to lose and I don't want to go cutting into it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009