How many of you actually did this?

While you were pregnant, pee your pants? Like sneeze and pee, or pee right before you get to the toilet, pee before you get out of bed or up from a chair? Or pee while you are around a bunch of people? Just curious....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lol, baby kicked me in the bladder at 33 weeks, and I PISSED myself in walmart at checkouts...The woman behind me screamed "ma'am your water broke, someone call 911" I ran out with out my purse, with out my food, with out my cart CRYIING my eyes out! Ma had to go back later for my things. LOL

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• OH MAN... WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY DAUGHTER (4 YRS AGO) I PEED MY PANTS IN THE GROCERY STORE!! i DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS PREGNANT AND I WAS NEXT IN LINE AND DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE MY SPOT... SO WHEN I GOT UP THERE I COULD NOT HOLD IT AND ENDED UP PEEING ON MY SELF ON THE WAY TO THE BATHROOM! IT WAS HORRIBLE! I DID NOT GO BACK INTO THAT STORE FOR YRS!!! LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• No. I really don't think it's "normal" to have such weak pelvic floor muscles, although it is extremely common in America. I mean, when you get kicked in the bladder that's one thing, but if you're doing your kegals every day you won't have that problem.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i havent peed my pants pee leaked out a little lol like if i would sneeze or move in the morning if i have to go really really bad the baby will kick my bladder but i wont full out pee my pants just leak a little
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 11:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• What does being in america have to do with weak pelvic muscles?

sorry to laugh but the first post was hilarious & i'm 34 weeks pregant and everytime i'm sitting for too long when i stand i pee just a couple drops. i take extra undies everywhere i go.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Being in America has something to do with weak pelvic muscles because as a culture we are lazy and don't work in a field, squatting and standing and working all day, and most of us don't do our kegals like we should. We sit in comfy chairs (which allow you to relax your pelvic floor muscles more fully than if you were sitting on the floor and had to hold yourself upright) we bend at the waist to pick things up (squatting is a great exercise for pelvic floor muscles) and we have immediate access to toilets (which makes it easy not to have to hold it for too long).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Not sure what living in america has to do with pelvic floor muscles...
    But I do kegels and still have a weak bladder with this pregnancy. I will sneeze and pee just a little often or laugh and pee some. A few months back I was in Walmart with DD and we were down the laundry soap isle, all the smells made my allergies go crazy and I had a sneeze attack and pissed my pants all the way to the bathroom. This morning, I had to pee and got to the potty and peed right before I got my pants down, so I pissed myself yet again. When Im not pregnant, I can hold it forever, but not while pregnant. I pee (just alittle atleast) daily... My So thinks it is the most hilarious thing ever. He even went out and bought me adult diapers as a joke.
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 12:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• lol I did AFTER having the baby! Do the kegel exercises..
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 12:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I am still doing that..Im 38wks pregnant and every time I sneeze or even when I laugh too hard I pee my pants...and it even happens when I cough. or when I go pee in the morning, I have to lean foward b/c she will be sitting on my bladder.....It only gets worse as the baby gets bigger
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yep...I did multiple times. I have bad allergies and I pee every time I sneeze. I wear a panty liner when I go out just in case.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2009