When getting your period for the first time after giving birth was it abnormally heavy?

I gave birth to my first child five months ago and just got my period for the first time. It started out very light, hardly anything... I wasn't even sure it was a period, then yesterday it was so heavy that I was leaking through super plus tampons in about an hour. I don't have any cramps or any other symptoms, but the bleeding doesn't seem to be letting up at all. Should I be concerned or is this normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Health

• My periods were so heavy when I got them back and irregular. So unlike me. I went to the chiropractor and after adjustment my periods were back to normal, very regular, w/ normal flow, less cramps.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i didnt bleed that heavy, but ive had 3 periods since i had my son 3 months ago and i it was alot heavier then it was before i got pregnant, and it lasted longer. but leaking through super plus tampons in an hour is alot i think. you should ask your doctor.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• The first couple will be like that. At least that's how it's been with ALL 3 of my kids. Once you get to the 3 or 4th one you should be back to normal. (At least whatever your normal is.)
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My periods were much lighter after my daughter was born. they were also regular for the first time in my life (and I was 35)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• after each baby they've gotten heavier and heavier.

they're also back to clockwork - I have to keep a close eye because there's no warning spotting to when it will start. when it starts its like a faucet turns on and I menstruate straight for 7 days then its gone like that faucet is being shut off.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2009