waking up on my belly?

I am 13 weeks pregnant and i keep rolling onto my belly in my sleep is this bad for the baby or am i ok for now?

Brittanie494

Asked by Brittanie494 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its not safe for the baby at this stage. Thats too much weight on a little person. Buy a body pillow from walmart for like $10 and sleep with it when you lie on your sides it should help. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• early in my pregnancy i use to do that cus i was a belly sleeper but as u get bigger its gona be hard to sleep on your belly just try to get in the habit of laying on your left side (which is the best side) or your right side its uncomfortable but you will get use to it you cant help it if u roll over in your sleep but like i said just try to get your body use to laying on your side (your back isnt good either cause theres veins there and if u lay on your back the babys weight tends to lay on those veins and you cut off circulation to your legs)...
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 12:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• im 17wks and i wake up on my belly too, my doc said its ok for now because soon it will be very uncomfortable and i wont want to lay on my belly and wont roll over at night, but as long as theres no pain or anything i was fine.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 12:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Im 34 weeks and i end up on my belly in the mornings....i have no idea how i do it either lol
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• PP is WRONG. It is perfectly safe to sleep on your belly as long as you are comfortable. There will come a time that you can't sleep on your belly ;). Then it is best to sleep on your side (left side actually). But in general just get some SLEEP!

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/week-27/sleep-positions.aspx

Good luck your your pregnancy!
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 1:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• sleeping on your belly is no biggie as long as you are still comfortable doing so. and don't freak if you wake up on your back either. it's ok, just change positions. trust me when your uterus is resting on that vein that they worry about being compressed when you lay on your back, you'll know it! headache and lightheadedness...not fun, but doesn't happen everytime.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009