Need help????

my little sister is pregnant and ask me what she can do to stop from being sick before she starts school? She ask me this because i just had my little girl 2 weeks ago. The bad thing is i didnt get sick or any thing. So im askin to see if someone can help her out?

honeyb690

Asked by honeyb690 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eat dry saltines. Sometimes sucking on peppermint or chocolate helps as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I drank some coke and you have to nibble all day on dry food. I would eat some dry ceral before I even got out of bed. Crackers stuff like that I did luck out and didn't have much sickness but this did help on the few days I did. Good luck!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i did school and had horrible sickness all dat, they even wanted me to go on medication so I could eat, but i refused to put any chemicals in my body while pregnant...just a glimpse of how bad it got for me

for school I would get a huge cup of crushed ice and some sprite at the bottom the the cup for flavor and just chew on the ice, saltines made me sick, as well did everything else, sometimes the ice even did
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• There are ginger candies called "GinGins" that she can suck on that worked fantastically for me. Also, ginger Altoids. Ginger is great for nausea. These things need to be sucked on, not chewed up to work.

Keeping blood sugar steady by eating small amounts whenever possible is also very helpful. Choose foods that won't spike the blood sugar (candy bars, chips, sodas, etc.), rather foods that keep a steady supply ready (fruits, granola, nuts, whole grain crackers). Keep a bag of trail mix or cereal in the locker so she can grab some quickly between classes.

Good luck to her going back to school, and dealing with this as well!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 12:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• There is medication that can be taken, called Diclectin. It may be only available in Canada, however, I'm not sure if it is available anywhere else. It is a mixture of antihistimine and the vitaminB6.

This is the 2nd pregancy I've had to take it for and I find it to be very effective. My 'morning' sickness was all day, every day though.

If that's not available for you, my only advice is to try to keep food in her stomach by grazing all day and night, but not having big meals. If she's getting up during the night to pee, have her grab a piece of fruit to munch on while she's up, or some crackers, even a small sandwich made the night before. I did this with my twins and it worked pretty effectively.
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 12:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• make sure she knows she has to eat regularly (blood sugar drops can make her feel worse), B6 supplements, ginger, sprite, crackers, and citrus drinks or fruit will all help to some degree. wish her luck please! and kudos to her for staying in school!!!!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2009