Question for those who hate the Patriot act

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/10/AR2009081002743.html

This is what they say now.
"The current prohibition, in place since 2000, can be waived if an agency head cites a "compelling need."

How about Obama deciding to allow your cookies to be tracked. What is a "compelling need"? Isn't this a loss of freedom of privacy?
Are those of you who hated Bush for taking away your freedoms with the Patriot act (funny, I never noticed a thing) upset by this? Sounds kinda like why Bush wanted to be able to trace some calls.
Are you ok with this and why?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope, I'm not okay with it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It was unconstitutional then and it is unconstitutional now.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 12:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• where's sweet at when you want to make her look like an ass? baaa!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Do you know that if you have a loved one or friend in another country, particularly in a country we are at war with such as Iraq or Afghanistan, the government has carte blanche to listen in on your phone calls from that area? How would you like your conversation with your serviceman-husband listened to by a group of sniggering, low-level government agents?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't know anyone that IS ok with it.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I guess Anon 12:00 is, or she just didn't want to miss a chance to bash Bushes policy. But still nothing on Obamas. Hmmmm
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Question for YOU...How do YOU feel about the PA if YOU hate THIS?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I don't agree with it. Just because I agree more with this administration than I did the last one doesn't mean I agree with EVERYTHING they do. I don't think I've ever agreed 100% with any administration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Has anyone in here ever read the PA? We know Sweets hasn't based on her comments. Anyone that has an issue with the PA had better start screaming to the White House about what they are doing. They are not getting a warrant to get into people's emails and pegging cookies. They are not even saying that it is under expediate circumstances. You should be outraged. At least law enforcement has to go thru all of the bs of getting paper to do this and that takes forever!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• If the PA is not abused for political gain, I have had no problem with it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009