When does the baby turn into the correct position for delivery?

Im curious because im 8mths and my baby is still on her side and I know shes running out of room? How far along are you suppose to be when the baby turns and stays that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes they don't turn, sometimes they turn the day of or during labor, most turn about 27 weeks.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• the vast majority (I swear its like 99%) turn down, whether its the day of delivery or earlier. It is possible that they don't turn but not common. I wouldn't be concerned at all. They still have room.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• the majority turn by 8 months have you tried standing on your head I have heard that may work it gives them more room but she wight wait till right before
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• every babyis different both my kids were head dwon by 6 mts and preatty much stay that way(it killed my bladder) some turns while in labor others, days, weeks hours before the big arrival. an some never turn.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• There is every possibility.
    Babies can start & stay head down the entire pregnancy or breech until after the beginning of labor.
    Your baby is transverse? So unlike breech or vertex, baby must move one way or the other to come out.
    Are you working on encouraging baby into the vertex position? There are some things you can do to coax that head down & butt up.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• They can turn very late during pregnancy and even during labor. My first was transverse and turned on his own at 39 weeks, he was born a couple of days after that. My second was changing positions until the end, she was going from breech to head down and back.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• If my uterus had room for 2 babies, your uterus has room for one baby to turn. Babies can turn during labor.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 10:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2009