sick baby???

My one year old daughter has a horrible cold...My cold! anyway, has anyone ever given their LO tylenol or Motrin just for the sake of comfort?? I mean, I like to take my cold meds, just so I can get through the day...I've done the Menthol bath, Vicks on her chest and feet and suck her nose with humidifier...I just hate that she's so miserable. Im not looking for opinions on what Im doing already and NOT trying to start a debate. Im just curious if anyone has ever used them for comfort measures...thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used infant tylenol for my little ones if nothing else was helping and well it sounds like you've tried quite a few things so a little bit of tylenol is not going to hurt her. Also it helps if she sleeps elevated, if shes not already. Also sometimes the only other thing that would work with my son when he was stopped up is putting a warm rag on his chest & just holding it there for as long as he would sit on my lap. He got stopped up alot when he was younger, he has eczema so he had lots of trouble with allergies and still does and the dr. authorized for us to give allergy meds at a yr old and that helped alot with his stuffy nose. We used generic benadryl - 1/4 tsp. but if u decide to do this I'd ask your dr. first. I hope this answer helps.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009