Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any married mothers know of any grants or scholarships to go back to school and finish their degrees?

I have found some for single mothers, but never for married! I already know about fafsa and fredral loans and grants any other options.

Answer Question

Asked by spunkymom86 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • go to and sign up for all they offer. Also check out a Matthew Lesko publication or website and see what is offered. I'd also call the school you want to go to and talk with a financial aid personnel. It's their job to help you find help

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

  • rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

  • When I was looking for scholarships and grants I did a Google search and found some sites.
    Forget grants - they are nearly impossible unless you are a minority, but you can look to see if any apply to you.
    There was one scholarship site I found a year ago that had a ton of different scholarships available and you just had to meet the requirements. That particular site also sent me emails of new scholarships and what was required. Most scholarships require an essay, but they also have a lot of silly requirements such as age, education, study programs, or geographical areas. I don't remember the site because it was over a year ago, but do a Google and see what you come up with.
    Best wishes!

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

  • Fill out the FAFSA before you do anything else. See what they have for you.

    Answer by OneToughMami at 2:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.