Did anyone have a "period" while they were preg?

I feel like I could def be preg again but I think I had my period. Did anyone else have this? Ive heard you can.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Um, you cant actually have your period when pregnant! You can have a LITTLE bleeding, but not your period. It would "flush the baby out"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Actually, I had my period every month, for the first 4 months when I was preg with dd - 3 to 5 days long, moderate to heavy flow, not always on time, but there every month. I was 4 1/2 mos preg when I found out. So, while it's not normal, it is possible to get your period while pregnant.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 2:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• You dont actually have a real menstrual period (where your entire uterine lining sheds because your hormone level drops due to the egg not being fertilized). You can have times when you bleed and you can mistake it for a "period" but its not in fact a real period. Ask a doctor. They will confirm that. Many woman do bleed when pregnant & still go on to have a healthy baby but they did not have a real menstrual period. If you did, you entire lining would shed (where would the baby live?) and you would go on to ovulate the next month (whiich you do NOT do when you are already growing a baby)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• well my mom bleed every 28 wks with me for 4 days. for 5 mts. she told me it was like a period. when it didnt show up she got worry and went to the doc only to find out she was 6 mts preggo with me lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2009