how can i get my kids to eat???

they will sit there for an hour before they finish their food............

mammacaronna

Asked by mammacaronna at 2:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Make meal time fun. Make sandwiches in shapes using cookie cutters. Have them help make the meal. Put food on a fun plate with a picture painted on it such as a face and ask if the face is smiling or sad today. They have to eat the food on the face to find out. Just make it fun. Don't put too much on the plate. They can always ask for more if they are hungry and eat it all. If it gets too bad then tell them no ice cream if they don't eat. Ice cream is what the health dept told me to feed my kids when they were being picky eaters in the summer. That way they still got their calcium.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Set a timer for say, 20 minutes. If they finish eating their food before the timer goes off, they get a treat. That is about all the time they will get in school for lunch, so they need to get used to the time limit.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Yep the timer works! we have to set one for my son. He gets 25 min. I also give a five min warning. He has to get more than half of everything to get dessert.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• What is wrong with an hour long meal? What a great opportunity for conversation!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2009